How to play
1 Follow @nzsecretsanta
Use #nzsecretsanta to tweet and @nzsecretsanta to talk to the elves.
Link your Twitter account to a New Zealand Post online account. It's easy-peasy, just follow the instructions.
3 Get your Twitter-Sleuth on
Work out what your giftee likes and then get creative; find/make/buy them an awesome gift for about $10.
4 Send your gift as soon as
Our elves are waiting...
5 Wait excitedly for your gift to arrive
Our elves will be busy sorting and sending out all the gifts.
6 Tweet a photo of the gift you receive
Use #nzsecretsanta to share the joy.
Here are some random people that are playing NZ Secret Santa this year. Make sure you follow some of them to keep them guessing.
"Secret Santa is a Christmas tradition in which members of a group or community are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously give a gift." — Wikipedia
Some New Zealand Post folk responded
Now we have a Santa Storehouse so that you don’t have to hand out your physical address, and an elf service that stores the gifts, and will only send out gifts to those Secret Santas who have actually sent a gift!Santa's sponsors
NZ Secret Santa - Rules of the game
By agreeing to the Rules of the game, you agree that:
- it is up to every participant playing to make this an awesome experience
- you have an address in New Zealand that parcels can be sent to
- you are over 16 years old
- there is a chance that you may not receive a gift if the person who is your Secret Santa does not send a gift
- there is a chance that the gift you send may be donated to charity if the person you are sending to has not sent a gift
- New Zealand Post accepts no responsibility for inappropriateness of gifts
- you will respect the privacy of the person you are Secret Santa for
- your data will not be passed on to any 3rd party company or service
- the data you give us will be stored in your New Zealand Post online account but will not be used for any purpose other than to deliver the Secret Santa service to you, or whatever else you expressly give permission for
- you will not knowingly or recklessly use or attempt to use NZ Secret Santa for a purpose for which it was not intended, including an unlawful purpose
- for the protection of other people, New Zealand Post reserves the right to suspend or disable your account if we believe it is necessary to do so